>I'm itching to apply any patches on MIPS4K, but I can't really
>dive into MIPS support and provide useful feedback....
>
>Part of my job description in OpenOCD is to be a recruiter
>and we're desperately short on active MIPS target
>experts.

If the PIC32 catches on you should see more MIPS experts.
<offtopic anti-PIC rant deleted>

>So if anyone out there have opinions about MIPS target code,
>you've been warned that I'll give this a cursory look and then commit it
>if I hear nothing in a day or two.

I could give the patches a spin on the MIPS platform I'm working with. I just
don't know whether 'my' target has the FASTDATA register. I think I could give
it a try for programming external flash first thing in the morning. I can't
really promise anything though.

Nico Coesel