On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM, John Hartman (NoICE)
<j...@noicedebugger.com> wrote:
> At 03:30 PM 9/3/10, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>
> But it does what you need?
>
> Yes.
>
> My hope was to move from "possible to configure" to "easy to use".  But it
> is certainly possible to use "load" with an offset.

That's OK. I just want to establish that we know what the problem
and solution was. Today there is a solution, but it can be a bit
inaccessible.

I think we should make OpenOCD as "easy as use as possible, but
no easier".

Perhaps this is a thing that *should* be a bit hard?

Perhaps embedded users *should* learn about the load offset for
GDB?

Perhaps we can market the gdb load feature somehow instead of
changing how the system works?

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00