It is not a trouble regarding the JTAG Frequency here.

If you ask the Amontec JTAGkey-2 to scan in/out it will scan in/out at the frequency you provided. If you provided a too high TCK frequency, without the RTCK enabled, the data returned will be not correct, but will be EVER present and EVER complete (at 30Mhz TCK frequency or at 1MHz TCK frequency ....).

The problem here is regrading the number of returned bytes, and not on which frequency Drasko run the scan.

I am waiting on the log using the Amontec JTAGkey d2xx WHQL certified driver . Maybe we will see something different, in this case it is a trouble in the libftdi . If the same some trouble in the higher JTAG level in openocd source.

Regards,
Laurent Gauch
http://www.amontec.com Amontec JTAGkey-3 coming soon ! Generic USB JTAG CJTAG SWD SWO serial wire debug interface 1.5V 1.8V 2.5V 3.3V 5V auto-sense protected IOs With RTCK support

Mathias K. wrote:
I think you should reduce your clock speed first.