Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin@...> writes:

> I can partially confirm...
>
> Tested with 0.5.0-rc1
>
> Comparing with "right image" works fine:
>

> Comparing with "almost right image" (compilation date inside has
> changed) works fine too:
>

> However... when checking against something completely wrong (almost
> completely different code) strange things happen. When checking against
> bin, everything is as expected, but when checking against hex or elf:
>

> If you specify address it is treated as an offset from beginning of RAM...
>

> So sometimes OpenOCD starts the check in completely wrong location...
>
> 4\/3!!

Hi Freddie,

Thank you so much for your speedy reply! Indeed, this confirms my suspicions.

I gather from your input, that if I switch to verifying using .bin format,
based on the .text sections of the ELF file, then this might be an adequate
workaround. A quick test I did was able to successfully verify the .bin format.

Do I need to forward this problem description to some other mailing list /
issue tracking system in order for it to be taken into consideration for future
releases?

Again, thanks heaps for helping me out in this issue!

Best regards,

// MS