On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Eric Wetzel <thewet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to try to use the Linux software from Segger with the
> kernel's usbmon to capture some commands and see what Segger's doing
> that we're not. (I've never done any of that before, so I don't expect
> good results).

I think this may be a good method for now -- reverse engineering.

On the Segger J-Link Linux utility side, you can use usbmon. On
the OpenOCD Linux side, you can use usbmon as well but you
may want to use the  "--enable-verbose-usb-comms" build option
which enables verbose USB communication messages for
USB communication debugging.

Actually I think a easier way is now that you know 4.14g and
lower firmware versions work whereas 4.14h and higher version
firmware versions do not work. So a debug capture from OpenOCD
may be already good enough to pinpoint the problem
(with the "--enable-verbose-usb-comms" build option).

An example from Spen last time. You can see that thread helped.
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2009-May/007464.html

At that time, a lot of work were done to help bring J-Link to
better working status. And it worked much better with Gary's patches
including the patches in this thread.
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2009-July/009397.html

So hopefully more people will jump in this time to fix this V8 issue. :-)

--
Xiaofan