I believe I have found the issue with one of the previous issues that I do not
believe has been solved yet (see below):

The issue is on line 503 of cc.tcl, the call to 'exec-with-stderr' will not
work. I am not familiar with TCL, so I don't know the reasoning behind this,
but changing to just 'exec' will allow the configure script to complete, albeit
with some extra output to stdout.

Regards,
Brad

>> i686-pc-mingw32
>> just installed a fresh copy of msys/mingw - still same error.
>
> I can reproduce here at a Vista 32bit installation of MinGW/MSys. It is
> a myth now that I have the other PC working (XP SP3). I have updated
> both MinGW/MSys installation to the latest.
>
> === configuring in jimtcl (/d/work/openocd/openocd-0.5.0/build_mingw/jimtcl)
> configure: running /bin/sh ../../jimtcl/configure.gnu
> --disable-option-checking
> '--prefix=/usr/local'  '--enable-jlink' '--enable-ft2232_libftdi'
> --cache-file=/
> dev/null --srcdir=../../jimtcl
> No installed jimsh or tclsh, building local bootstrap jimsh0
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ../../jimtcl/autosetup/system.tcl:150: Error:
> in procedure 'use' called at file "../../jimtcl/auto.def", line 5
> in procedure 'use' called at file "../../jimtcl/autosetup/cc.tcl", line 29
> in procedure 'config_guess' called at file
> "../../jimtcl/autosetup/system.tcl",
> line 150
> Try: 'configure --debug' for a full stack trace
> configure: error: ../../jimtcl/configure.gnu failed for jimtcl

we are currently working on this issue offlist, hopefully soon resolved.

Spen