I just ran across this error too.

The Signed-off-by and Change-Id tags must be in the LAST PARAGRAPH of the commit message.

The error message doesn't mention that - (http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=606) Also, I've found that Gerrit does not print any error messages when a push fails using HTTP - (http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=1051)

Regards,

Evan