On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Dome Charoenyost wrote:

> If someone plan to port from asterisk .1.4

Unlikely. So far, the notion has been not to follow but to gradually
move away from Asterisk.

> (manager and http) to opbx
> please let's me know i and team can help you.

I think you will find the consensus is that the Asterisk Manager API
is as bad as it gets and that it should be removed altogether.

> if not  give me some idea what's do youthibk about opbx gui

There is a design document in the SVN repository for a replacement of
the manager API. The replacement architecture is based on a server-
agent-client model and it accommodates different agents speaking
different protocols to remote clients. This way it would be possible
to build a GUI that speaks -say- SOAP to an agent which in turn talks
to the telephony server locally over a domain socket, like so:

[server] ---domain-socket--- [agent] ---SOAP--- [client-GUI]

The document explains this in more detail. If I remember correctly,
it is in a branch called "opbx-cli" right at the top level of the SVN
tree.

rgds
benjk