I have a Cisco 7940 behind a rather well-behaved nat (Linksys box).
The phone sends a "SIP REGISTER" listing its firewalled IP
(192.168.x.x) to openpbx.  OpenPBX then tries to make a media
connection to this IP, and the result is audio in only one direction.

How can I get openpbx to ignore this and use the source IP of the SIP
connection instead?  I tried clobbering the phone to send the IP of
the nat box and everything worked perfectly, so I'm pretty sure this
is the problem.  The only difficulty is that the NAT itself has a
dynamic IP, so I can't hardwire it into the phone.

I've tried various combinations of nat=yes, canreinvite=no, etc all to
no avail -- openpbx trusts the "SIP REGISTER" more than it trusts me!

Side question: does explicitly setting bindaddr=xxx on the openpbx
machine have any weird side-effects on how "SIP REGISTER" is handled?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380