On Tue, Jul 02, 2002, Michael Schloh wrote:

> [...]
>     Upgrade orbit to new sources 0.5.17, and the makesystem is broken on FreeBSD
>only.
> [...]

So what? "on FreeBSD only"?! Why are you then upgrading the package
to this version? Sorry, but if an old version works fine on
FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris and the new version is broken on one of them, then
we _either_ have to patch the vendor source to unbreak it _or_ we do
_NOT_ upgrade the package at all.

IMHO it is not acceptable to intentionally have a broken package,
especially not on the master development platform FreeBSD. Else we
too easily get totally broken Sure, we sometimes have packages broken
unintentionally on Linux or Solaris, but there is a major difference of
knowing it and not knowing it.

I've fixed the package now under FreeBSD (and all other platforms where
the non-standard header <alloca.h> does not exists).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]