On Sun, Feb 02, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:

> Running openpkg-20030114-20030114 and mysql-3.23.54a-20030116, I get an
> error ``shtool: command not found''.
>
> Should %[l_prefix}/etc/rc be putting %{l_prefix}/lib/openpkg in PATH when
> running cron jobs?

Exactly this is done in %{l_prefix}/etc/rc, line 89:

| PATH="@l_prefix@/lib/openpkg:$PATH"

Hmmm... but you're now already the second guy who encountered this. I
think the problem is that rc.mysql runs the cronjob under the restricted
user and for this it performs a "su -" which in turn resets the
environment. We recently switched to "su -" from just "su" for other
reasons (I cannot remember what it was, but there was a good reason for
using a login shell). Hmmm... as a result, all cronjobs not run under
root are broken. MySQL is just an example of this problem.

I've now added a little workaround for this subtle problem to the rc
command starting with openpkg-20030202-20030202. Just try it out.
Details: http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=7230

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]