On Sun, Mar 30, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:

> >Seems like the %{l_tar} macro before "xf -" got expanded to an empty
> >string. I'll look at this.
>
> FYI:
>       rpm --eval '%{l_tool_locate tar}'
>       /home/csoft/freebsd47/lib/openpkg/tar

The postgresql configure searches for a tar command in $PATH. Please
check wether you do have a tar binary installed. It should be
/usr/bin/tar.

But since we always provide a tar in the bootstrap we could also force
configure to use it using the $TAR environment variable.

--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]