On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 03:48:17PM -0700, Mark Keller wrote:

> Even if the config files are compatible between versions. It seems that at
> least those two groups do a really good job of not changing config files
> between minor and compatible revs. So we don't have to worry as much about
> our config file getting clobbered. I don't think that is happening in the
> openpkg rpm world.

Possible, but that can be verified.

If you track current I guess changes to the config files happen often
as current just imports whatever config files are delivered by the
'vendor'.

If you update from one release to the next you will see even more
drastic changes.

If you stay within a release and only install updates (i.e.
security fixes et al) then, IMHO, there must not be any issue
with config file updates.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst