On Fri, Aug 08, 2008, Walter Franzini wrote:

> looking at your package for aegis I've noted the following issues:
>
> * The aelock program is not installed suid.

SetUID to _what_ user? Also "root"?

> * The UUID library detection in configure has been improved so it
>   /should/ be possible to remove the subst statement in the %build
>   section.  Report any problem to Aegis developers, please.
>
> * It /should/ be possible to remove the patch applyied by the spec
>   file, since 4.24 has improved portability.  If you still need to
>   patch the source let the developers know why, so the problem can be
>   fixed once for all.

Ok, I've removed the stuff for now. Let's see
when it breaks the next time...

> * The testsuite is not executed.  Aegis has an extensive test suite
>   that helps ensure it not only compiles but also works as expected.
>   In order to run the testsuite 'make sure' has to be invoked.  Can
>   you take the time to report any failure to
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] or to me if you prefer?
>   On modern hardware the test suite should complete in < 30min.

Well, OpenPKG packages are intended to be run by admins in
batch/no-attention mode, not developers in interactive/feedback mode.
So, executing a test suite, especially one which runs many minutes, IMHO
is not really what should be done during building an OpenPKG package.
That Aegis works correctly an Aegis-skilled developer has to ensure
beforehand, not the average admin just leveraging from its OpenPKG
packaging.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com