Dear community members and commercial customers,

since months we have been providing OpenPKG 4 under the PROMO license
until the VALUE license was available for ordering and the COMMUNITY
license proved to be working as expected.

The PROMO license finally expired on April 1st and you now finally
have the option of always running a bleeding edge OpenPKG fully
free of charge via the COMMUNITY license (and this way implicitly
act as testers in our community) and the option of lazily running
a productive and hence fixed OpenPKG instance via the VALUE license
for a small fee (and this way at least support the OpenPKG development
financially).

Details on the various licenses -- including a comparison of the
licenses based on their particular license assertions -- you now
can find under the URL:

    http://www.openpkg.com/go/framework-licensing

In case you want to run the COMMUNITY license you always can download
the latest version on this page (or get it indirectly via the latest
OpenPKG Framework on upgrade). In case you want to run the VALUE
license you can directly online order your copy there, too.

With the new OpenPKG 4 model I think we finally found a reasonable
compromise between a free of charge community offering and a still
inexpensive offering for the commercial customers -- both at the
same time.

Thanks for supporting OpenPKG.

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall