On Fri, Feb 28, 2003, Andrews, Martin wrote:

> The package still made a good starting point. The along with the -ldb fix
> that already made it into CVS by the time I found it the only other problem
> I ran into was authentication. I had to add the following to imapd.conf to
> get UNIX system authentication (via saslauthd) to work:
>
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>
> This might just be my configuration, but I am passing it along for
> consideration in the default configuration.
>
> Also - any reason you configure with --disable-sieve? It looks like a useful
> feature and does not seem to add any dependencies (and can be disabled in
> the runtime configuration if you do not want it).

Both sasl_mech_list and sieve are already in the CVS (since a few hours :)
I absolutly agree that this specific package has been in an unusable
status way to long. Since yesterday I'm trying to get Cyrus up and running
but progress is still somewhat slow since I only have very limited time in
spare at the moment. Nevertheless any feedback and hints are welcome.

Cheers
-cs