On Mon, Aug 15, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>I removed the "--with-mutex=" line and it worked, although the section
> >>that sets it doesn't look wrong. After reinstalling db and rebuilding
> >>postfix, postfix now works. I'm rebuilding cfengine now but I'm sure it
> >>will be OK as well.
> >
> >Interesting. Is this HP/UX on HPPA or IA64?
> >
> HPPA. I haven't had any luck with my IA64 machine, but it needs a bunch
> of patches so I'm going to try again later this month.

Ok, I've now removed the "mutex="HPPA/gcc-assembly" part in
OpenPKG-CURRENT's "db". This way HP/UX should use the UNIX/fcntl mutex
which should work really everywhere (else the OS is totally broken --
which I don't think is the case even for a OS like HP/UX which is not
one of my favorite ones ;-).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com