On Tue, Oct 25, 2005, Trivedi, Harshal D wrote:

> I have down loaded one of the Solaris 8 binaries
> "gcc-4.0-xxx-openpkg.rpm" from the ftp site. I would like to know how
> can I extract these binaries on Solaris 8?

1. In case you are new to OpenPKG and don't know what an RPM actually is:

   If you are starting from scratch you cannot use the .rpm
   files. You have to bootstrap with the openpkg-*.sh file! After
   this you can use the *.rpm files. See the tutorial under
   http://www.openpkg.org/tutorial.html for more details.

2. In case you are already running OpenPKG but really want to just
   unpack the .rpm:

   Use "<prefix>/bin/openpkg rpm2cpio *.rpm" to convert an .rpm into a
   .cpio (on stdout). For instance "<prefix>/bin/openpkg rpm2cpio *.rpm
   | cpio -it" shows you the content.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com