Hi,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 09:38:35PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2006, Doug Summers wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > What's weird is that the build actually completed but it skipped the ADS
> > part because it couldn't find the LDAP or Kerberos libraries. I didn't
> > even notice until I tried to run 'net ads' and it complained about not
> > having ADS support compiled in. I'm wondering if this is a shell issue
> > as I use tcsh when building.
>
> Ah, ok. Then I misunderstood. I thought it already failed to build
> (which is not the case for me). I've never tried the ADS support under
> run-time. Ok, then something is broken, but what?

I have Samba w/ADS on Solaris working fine, and all I did was twiddle
with-ads in the .spec to yes.  Granted, I did build kerberos and
OpenLDAP first (they built fine).  And I was using 2.5 with backported
patches from CVS for Samba, so that might've been it.  But I was using
gcc 4.0.2 from OpenPKG 2.5.

I can't comment on whether it works with ADS as we don't yet have an ADS
test domain. . .and we may never, since we have issues with locking with
Samba right now.

--
adam