Happy Birthday OpenPKG Foundation!

For those of you who have no recognized:
today the OpenPKG Foundation e.V. is exactly one year old!

On 2005-02-09 the seven founding members [0] held the official
Foundation kick-off meeting in Munich [1]. In March 2005 we bought
the extensive server hardware and established the OpenPKG Foundation
setup. At the same time we were able to acquire the new sponsor SpaceNet
AG which since this time generously hosts our setup in their Munich
datacenter.

In June 2005 we have driven the OpenPKG 2.4 [2] release engineering
already entirely on OpenPKG Foundation computing resources. End
of June 2005 we performed our first General Meeting [3] online on
irc.openpkg.net [4] with all members and finally went public with a
press release [5].

In September 2005 we have driven the OpenPKG 2.5 [6] release engineering
and established the initial version of the OpenPKG Registry [7] and its
sibling Affiliation Service Environment (OSSP ase).

In December 2005 we established the sibling organization OpenPKG GmbH
[8], a corporation through which since January 2006 we now provide
commercial services [9] to our user community.

Finally, in January 2006 we online held the second General Meeting
[10] and were proud to have been extended the OpenPKG Foundation from
7 founding members (as of 2005-02-09) to 18 members today. Also, with
the help of the forthcoming paid annual membership fees the OpenPKG
Foundation should be the first time cash-flow positive soon, too.

Hence, at this point to all OpenPKG comrade-in-arms:
many thanks for your contribution and support!

Yours,

Founder, President and                 Ralf S. Engelschall
Director Research & Development        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenPKG Foundation e.V.                www.engelschall.com
http://www.openpkg.net/                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[0]  http://www.openpkg.net/member/founders.html
[1]  http://www.openpkg.net/foundation/kickoff.html