Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007, Dan wrote:
>
>> Might want to consider adding the kerberos package to the list of build
>> dependencies for libgsasl.  The krb5-config included with Solaris doesn't
>> seem to work the way the configure script wants it to (and presumably the
>> build process won't like it either).  Buliding and installing kerberos
>> first makes the problem go away.
>
> Hmmm... I've tried it under Solaris 10: the current
> "libgsasl-0.2.21-20071012" explicitly disabled Kerberos by default
> (which is "with_kerberos=no") and it built just fine without having to
> install the OpenPKG "kerberos" package. Can it be that you are trying
> with an older "libgsasl" package are under an older Solaris version?
>
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                        www.engelschall.com

Nope, it's Solaris 10u4, patched to the current xref as of about 3 days
before, and the packages I tried were libgsasl-0.2.21-20070822.src.rpm
                    and libgsasl-0.2.21-20071012.src.rpm.  For whatever
reason the configure process wants to do something with krb5-config,
perhaps even if with_kerberos is not selected.  Unfortunately I didn't
save the output and it scrolled past my screen buffer.

I think the issue was emergent because I was starting from a completely
new OpenPKG with just the barest minimum of prereqs installed.  ie. the
command line I used to generate the build script was:

openpkg build -kK -r file:///local/stuff/openpkg/ gcc43 postfix rsync bind
vim screen privoxy squid jabberd mtr perl-par amavisd clamav sudo p7zip
tor lynx elinks irssi tightvnc star bittorrent mldonkey

(This was using Sun's gcc for the bootstrap.  Then I switched to gcc-4.2.1
with .rpmmacros and let the thing build.)

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org