On Fri, Feb 26, 2010, Benoît Dubé wrote:

> I got the following after running the shell script on my dev environment box:
>
> | openpkg-4.0.2-20100131.src.sh |
> | |
> | The results are the following three files: |
> | |
> | openpkg-4.0.2-20100131.src.rpm |
> | openpkg-4.0.2-20100131.ix86-rhel5.4-openpkg.rpm |
> | openpkg-4.0.2-20100131.ix86-rhel5.4-openpkg.sh |
> | |
> [...]
> When I read the result for the second and third file generated, it's looks
> both
> will do the same job, except one will use RPM and the other a shell script, is
> it right ?

Yes, correct.

> Independently of which one I run, rpm or sh, on the dev box, can I simply
> install the OpenPKG Framework Binary RPM Package on my production box to have
> complete working environment, or I need to run the sh before followeb by the
> RPM ?

Initially you _CANNOT_ run the .rpm as you don't have RPM available. And
once you bootstrapped OpenPKG you have RPM available and from then on
you should never use the .sh file again.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org