Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

Wolfgang Glas wrote:

1) Are there any good reasons to install the opensc dlls twice? (SCB install directory and C:\WINDOWS\System32) Installing then only in the SCB install directory should be IMHO sufficient, because all dlls on which the opensc libs depeand are installed alongside in the same directory, so they are resolved anyways.

no, any CSP will most likely require the DLL in system32 directory.
so yes, we should propably remove the copy in the scb directory.
but the other one is needed for any CSP to work - I guess.

about the compiler foo:
if we want the DLL to work with a CSP I'm not sure mingw or cygwin will get us anywhere.

right now I hope to get my new build system based on visual studio 2005 c/express working soon and use that one.

Totally agree. Dlls in system32, and use the Micrsoft compiler,
so you will also be ready for Vista. Microsoft is still giving
away the compiler, so cost should not be an issue:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

One issue is with instalation, as VC 2005 expects to find the
msvcr80.dll in something like:
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd
How does Microsoft say to package up the run time libs?

the last package was still compiled on a system with vs 2003.

If nothing else comes up I will work on all that on tuesday.

Regards, Andreas

 Douglas E. Engert  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue