Hello Dirk,

>> Howerver, I have understood, that my design is flawed at this point, and I
>> will look for a proper solution.

> I wouldn't say your design is flawed, it's just that deepClone is not
> taking weak ptrs into account completely correctly.

In the sense that I tried to get a partial deep clone. My intention was to
clone a MaterialChunk which contains ClipPlaneChunks beside other chunks. I did
implicity expected that the beacons in the copied ClipPlaneChunks are taken
from original chunks. Now that semantics is not a deepClone anymore. -> flawed

I have changed my code already in that I actively replace the ClipPlaneChunks
by from the deep clone. That is actually even more correct, because it is not
only the beacon that should be the same but the ClipPlaneChunk itself which is
shared across the scene.

> Johannes, I'm assuming you're deleting the original tree at some
> point, after which the beacons disappear and the problems start. With
> the changed behavior as long as your deepClone contains the beacons
> things would work. It it doesn't contain the beacons there is not a
> whole lot we can do, besides Carsten's suggestion of fairly major
> semantic changes to deepClone.
>
> Would that fix your problem?

Yes, it would fix the problem. However, the whole incident showed me, that I
did not carefully thoght through my design. Actually, after inspectioin of my
code I have found other places where I trapped into similar problems.

Best,
Johannes