Good afternoon everyone,
first of all, http://www.opensg.org/ seems to be down, so I was not able to
check the api documentation for anything useful on this topic.

The problem is as follows:
We are currently implementing a cutting plane in our application to cut through
geometry and see the inner structures.
This is realized with one or multiple OSG::ClipPlaneChunks with different plane
equations combined in one MaterialChunkOverrideGroup.

This works approach works quite well, but here comes the tricky part:
Additionally to clipping the model, we fill the hole by generating new geometry
on the plane. When rotating the camera, one can clearly see flickering of the
single triangles on this geometry as it gets clipped more or less randomly
because of numerical inaccuracy.
The problem can be compared to Z-fighting, but with the clipping plane instead
of a second geometry...

Introducing a small delta on the plane equation for the clipping helped a bit,
but is more a quick hack than a proper solution.

Is there a technique like polygon offsetting that also works for the
ClipPlaneChunks?
Are there some flags or something that can be set in way, that the
ClipPlaneChunk ignores one specific child node in the scene graph?

Best regards,
Christian

Btw. We are using OpenSG 2.