Hello Carsten,

On 24.06.2016 00:21, Carsten Neumann wrote:

> ok, using the HDR background image I can reproduce the problem on linux.

That is good to hear. I do not like errors that only show up under
special circumstances :-)

> If I modify the tonemapping example to not create the scene on startup
> (i.e. remove the call to setupScene() from Example::initialize() and
> instead add the following to the switch in Example::keyboard():
>
> case '1':
>          {
>              std::cout << "Loading scene... " << std::flush;
>              setupScene();
>              std::cout << "done." << std::endl;
>              _mgr->showAll();
>          }
>          break;
>
> Pressing '1' at runtime creates the scene and then it looks as expected.
> Not sure what to make of this finding.

Ok, that did bring me to some new experiments:

I have changed the function setupAdaptLuminanceMaterial in line 1026 in
the following way:

I replaced the following line of code (line 1041)

chunkMat->addChunk(pData->getLuminanceTexObjChunk(), 0);

with this one

chunkMat->addChunk(pData->getAdaptLuminanceTexObjChunk(!pData->getCurrentAdaptLuminanceIdx()),

0);

and the problem is gone for me. Could you check that in your setup please.

Actually, that is the line that is intended by theory. I did have used
the initial line of code for the following reason. I have first
programmed the complete example in a pure OpenGL setup without OpenSG.
There, I couldn't initialize the last adapted luminance texture without
actually rendering it first. Therefore, I fooled the setup insofar that
I initialized the last adapted luminance texture for the first 'ping',
with the luminance texture written by the luminance render target. I
expected the same must hold in OpenSG land and mapped the code accordingly.

Ok, when this also works for you, I would like to ask you if the code
can be added into the OpenSG2 code base?

Also, I would like to ask for a simple method to add the AntTweakBar
library via CMake flags to the generated projects?

Hopefully you like the HDR2 stage and it meets the standards set by OpenSG.

I do also have some other things in the pipeline for which we have to
talk a little in the near future. So I hope you are not tired for
assisting me with my problems.

Again, Carsten, thank you for taking your time. I hope that I will gain
some speed in the future to contribute good things to OpenSG.

Best,
Johannes