Hi,

I am in need for a map of string to FieldContainer in some context. OpenSG does
not provide such a mapping, but I have found some examples that tells me
roughly how to proceed:

OSGFieldContainerMap*:
                typedef std::map<Int32, FieldContainerRecPtr>
FieldContainerMap;

OSGAttachmentMap*:
                typedef std::map<UInt32, Attachment *>  AttachmentMap;

OSGStringToUInt32Map*:
                typedef std::map<std::string, UInt32> StringToUInt32Map;

What I do not understand/know is the difference/consequences between the
following two approaches:
                typedef std::map<std::string, FieldContainerRecPtr>
MyFieldContainerMap;
                typedef std::map<std::string, FieldContainer*>
MyFieldContainerMap;

The first implementation based on OSGFieldContainerMap* seems much simpler, but
the types are not used in OpenSG at all.

I would like to store some ShaderProgram objects in the map and have them
readily available after loading a field container from file that contains such
a map.
Which of the two approaches are recommended for a general mapper of string to
Fieldcontainer? What are the pros and cons?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Johannes