If it works well, I think we should make this the default.

Adam

From: opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Brianna
Sent: Friday, 5 June 2009 10:42 PM
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] HUGE ASSET CACHE (THANKS!!!)

+1 :) and thank you
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan<mailto:retro...@gmail.com>
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de<mailto:opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de>
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 9:13 AM
Subject: [Opensim-dev] HUGE ASSET CACHE (THANKS!!!)

Mr. Cortez, let me thank you for your File Cache System; it is amazing!

After only a few hours +95% of all assets are coming from the cache and not
being pulled down from the internet. This had made regions run much faster and
save a ton of bandwidth.

If this were deployed grid-wide it would reduce the strain on any asset server
by orders of magnitude.

Thanks again, and I hope this becomes part of the main branch ASAP rather than
just a patch.

+++ AMAZING!!!

--
Why is Common Sense so Uncommon?