Justin Clark-Casey kirjoitti:
Do you guys see any problems with storing and manipulating dynamic data via the OSD classes in libopenmetaverse?

Seems fine so far, but we haven't done anything with it yet. May start with it soon as are starting to use custom scene entity data on the viewer side more, and have now the APIs in place there for addons / scripts to add and use custom data which needs to be synched via and stored on the server.

Would Adam's SOG/SOP refactor plan be essientally what you're thinking
here, or do you see this somehow differently? I don't recall him needing

I'm not sure.  If you could provide a reference I'd be obliged.

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-dev/2009-December/008098.html .. has a link to the pdf with diagrams etc. about the plan.

The first part is now in opensim git in the soprefactor branch, http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=refs/heads/soprefactor

I noticed Adam had also used a OSDMap to store the component info - perhaps this is very similar to your dynamicattributes branch?

~Toni

We need this quite critically for RealXtend, not only because extend the
scene for core functionality, but have worked for long now to allow
arbitrary data in custom apps that anyone can write for the platform.
I'm sure there are good ways to collaborate to get this done somehow --
Adam has told that his work is taking a long time still, so perhaps
others like our team&  you and other devs can speed things up.

I still want to implement this, though it's prone now to slipping down my priority list as other things bubble up. My original code also only concerned in memory storage. Persistent storage could be implemented simply by [de]serializing the OSDMap.

What I will probably do is chuck the code up on a branch, implement storage and see what you guys think. I'd very much like input from people who would make use of it, since my driving use case (moap) has disappeared.

Justin

~Toni

John