I've seen this happen to me on occasion and not sure if there is any known fix for this.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ovi Chris Rouly" <mael...@ieee.org>
To: <opensim-us...@lists.berlios.de>; <opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:40 PM
Subject: [Opensim-dev] help with between-region crossings

Folks,

Is there a setting in the Configs that will help with between-region
crossings?

When "walking" across regions that are contiguous my avatar momentarily
freezes, drops into the scenery almost up to its waist, and then re-emerges
5-10 seconds later many, many meters farther ahead of its last controlled
position than seems reasonable.

I have set PersistBakedTextures = true and it is not feasible to extend
prims across every region boundary in my Sim (256 contiguous regions).

This is a human-controlled avatar. My client-side NPCs experience far less
of an upset when walking autonomously between regions.

Moreover, knowing this will happen, I usually only "barely," "timidly"
hand-cross into the adjacent region (anticipating the above) and yet
still encounter the very same events.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Chris

PS Jerry and Lindy special thanks!