Hi Teravus, nice to hear from you again!

Yes, more testing is needed, hopefully on OSGrid. But it seems there may be a tradeoff between having super smooth physics objects and being able to get more avatars in a scene without encountering cpu limits. My perception is having more avatars is a more common use case then lots of physics objects, particularly as OpenSim's current ODE use does not seem to provide a good physics simulation). Anybody who does want to try for better physics could always turn the collision number back up.

In any case, what was the rationale for choosing 80 as the default?