On 2009-03-04 01:33:40 -0500, dirk.kra...@pixelpark.com wrote:
> I am not aware of any attempts to get enough users together ...? was
> this announced on this list? I was sort of waiting in the wings to
> get all active users of my company together to contribute to such a
> test, but maybe I just missed it :-/.

Would there be any interest in a regularly scheduled "come and break
stuff hour" on OSGrid?  Time, victim^H^H^H^H target sim, and desired
activity would be prearranged, and at the appointed time and place
anyone who's interested logs in and we see what happens.  We could
test TPs or region crossings or messaging modules or rezzing objects
or sitting in a boat and sailing around in a circle or capacity of
different hardware combinations.  Wright Plaza seems to get a good
turnout for weekly office hours, but I think everyone goes out of
their way to not do anything to break stuff.  The point of "come and
break stuff hour" would be to do the opposite.

Also, right now the answer to "what hardware do I need to run
OpenSim?" is "it depends".  It would be great if we could test various
combinations of hardware/.NET/Mono builds/etc. and get some more
concrete info on what works, what's mediocre, and what fails.

I haven't been to the "Q&A / Testing" hour on OSGrid in a while, but
when I did attend it was focused on Q&A.

Say, Thursdays @ 0300 UTC?  We could give it a go a couple times and,
depending on turnout, decide if it's worth making a regular thing.
And it's an earlier/later time to try to accomodate people in other
regions/on different schedules.

Anyone interested?

-Coyle