Hi Ren,

The FRESH flag was deprecated after RFC 2608 was published.

See:

http://srvloc.sourceforge.net/new_drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-as-00.txt
http://srvloc.sourceforge.net/new_drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-rfc2608bis-01.
txt

In the first document it states on page 3 that an error (INVALID_UPDATE) is
returned by the SA/DA for registrations that don't set the FRESH flag in
post slpv2 implementations (slpv2bis - the second document - pp 6, 7, 21).
The slpv2bis document isn't clear as to why the FRESH flag must be set -
just states that it must be set. I presume it's a security issue of some
kind.

John