Assuming you went ahead and created a gadget xml file like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="Hello World!">
    <Require feature="opensocial-0.8" />
  </ModulePrefs>
  <Content type="html">
    <![CDATA[
      Hello, world!
    ]]>
  </Content>
</Module>

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM, vigyaapan technologies <
vigyaapantechnolog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ERROR
> Gadgets Specification
> (ex1.xml:5)
> href attribute must not be present for type=html gadgets.

I'm not sure if you're trying to build a 0.9 gadget (where doing a <Content
type="html" href="foo.com/bar.html"> is valid ie 'proxied content'), in
which case you're getting this error because 0.9 isn't fully supported on
iGoogle yet. If you're not trying to build a 0.9 gadget, this isn't a valid
construct

> WARNING
> Gadgets Specification
> (ex1.xml:3)
> The element <ModulePrefs> should have the following attribute(s):
> author, author_email, description, screenshot, thumbnail.

You should add those attributes to the moduleprefs node, which are used by
iGoogle to display information about your gadget, ie:

<ModulePrefs title="Hello World!" author="Me" author_email="m...@host.com"
description="This is a Hello World gadget" screenshot="
http://foo.com/screenshot.jpg"; thumbnail="http://foo.com/thumbnail.jpg";>

More info...
> WARNING
> Message bundles
> (ex1.xml:3)
> The gadget is not internationalized. You may be excluding lots of
> international users from your gadget.

iGoogle has a lot of users in a lot of countries, so it's useful to keep
internationalization / supporting multiple languages in mind right from the
beginning,
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Localizing_OpenSocial_applicationsexplains
how to do this.

Goodluck!