If you use proxied content, you can´t use opensocial API like that. Just
remember that server will post you all information required on your gadget.
Example:

 <Content href="http://www.example.com"; authz="signed" sign_viewer="true">
    <os:PeopleRequest key="viewer_friends" userId="@viewer"
groupId="@friends" count="2"/>