I have a question... Is there any plan to integrate PulseAudio as the sound
server in Solaris?

I have been searching around forums and mailing lists and still didn't find
anything about this... but it's becoming kind of the standard in the big linux
distros (and GNOME) and it might be useful for solaris as well..

from the webpage ( http://www.pulseaudio.org/ ) :

"PulseAudio is a sound server for POSIX and Win32 systems. A sound server is
basically a proxy for your sound applications. It allows you to do advanced
operations on your sound data as it passes between your application and your
hardware. Things like transferring the audio to a different machine, changing
the sample format or channel count and mixing several sounds into one are
easily achieved using a sound server."

and here are some of the announcements or projects of pulseaudio in the
distros:
Fedora: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePulseaudio
Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/pulseaudio
openSUSE: