What are the approaches to finding what external USB disks are currently
connected?   I'm starting on backup scripts, and I need to check which
volumes are present before I figure out what to back up to them.  I
suppose I could just try all the ones that I know about and see which
are there (the list is small enough this is actually feasible), but it's
inelegant.  (On Solaris "Nevada", currently build 76 I think).

The external USB backup disks in question have ZFS filesystems on them,
which may make a difference in finding them perhaps?

I've glanced at Tim Foster's autobackup and related scripts, and they're
all about being triggered by the plug connection being made; which is
not what I need.  I don't actually want to start the big backup when I
plug in (or power on) the drive in the evening, it's supposed to wait
until late (to avoid competition with users).  (His autosnapshot script
may be just what I need for that part, though.)

--
David Dyer-Bennet, [EMAIL PROTECTED]; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info