My Gigabyte mainboard GA-MA78GM-S2H also has a REALTEK 8111c gigabit nic
onboard.
Nevada build 97 did find the card during installation (rge0) but I was unable
to configure it. The installer hangs at the "configuring network" point. But
here is a workaround:

- Install Solaris without configuring a network (card)
- By skipping the configure network step avoid the hang at that point
- Install the rest as normal, and complete the install
- Solaris will come up with no network configured.
- Log in at the console and add the line "set ip:dohwcksum=0" to the file
/etc/system
- do a "sys-unconfig" and reboot
- Now it is possible to config a normal network config when Solaris comes back
up

Thanks to my colleague for figuring this out.