Thank you for the heads-up, time to upgrade my station to 10.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Scanlon <t...@uprising.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 02:43:36
To: <opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org>
Subject: [osol-discuss] Thank you Adobe - Flash 10.1 "rc" available

Before I plaster the link that follows, I'd like to thank Adobe for their
support for Solaris & OpenSolaris. Yea, I know there's various GNU-ish projects
around, but I seriously dislike the GPL template license too. Not only that but
objectively Adobe's stuff is good software.

If I could, I'd encourage Adobe to do everyone else in the world a solid favor
& release the native code translation tools that Stevie Jobs rejected because
he wanted to cover for what crap his products are. The truth is those tools
would be very useful to everyone else too. If you can't think of how, that's a
failure of your imagination, not mine. So work on that with a positive groove &
you might come to agree with me about that idea.

In any case, the newer released code, most importantly with security fixes can
be found with an (as always for security updates), free download from the
following site. Please note, these are "rc" candidates, but I noticed right off
there are some performance improvements on my less-than-stellar old Dell that's
my desktop system. I haven't tested sparc yet, but I'm sure it'll do the job on
that just fine too. Here is the URL:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Again, many thanks from someone who cares about security, performance, & using
an OpenSolaris desktop.

Tim