Can't we just get an additional AGENT_VIEWER flag via llGetAgentInfo?
Even if not foolproof, it's useful as a factor for legitimate security or
warning tools, as well as for stats gathering for 99% of residents.
It seems like a logical solution to me, instead of having to go the http
agent route or other hackish solutions.

If I don't get any feasibility objections here, I'll open a Jira issue.
I haven't' seen any such proposal on there yet...