On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Boroondas Gupte <
slli...@boroon.dasgupta.ch> wrote:

> Does that mean that everyone can create landmarks everywhere or that
> only users with privileges (owner/group role) on the land in question
> can create landmarks? I hope it's the former, which would be consistent
> with the fact that everyone can (trivially) create SLurls pointing
> anywhere they want.

Allowed by all, apparently.  For the last few server versions, that flag's
been getting reset to allow all at restart time. It's kind of weird that it
bothers saving the setting even temporarily on a running sim. There is still
a permission check in Viewer 2, but header comments that it's going away
some day, on both server and viewer side it looks like a change that was
started and never quite got finished :/