I got asked...

Regarding: https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket

What are the Lab’s plans? Clearly, how the TPVs handle this needs to depend on your own plans – particularly whether that’s staying with Mercurial hosted some other way or changing to Git (or something else).

We will transition to git within bitbucket, preserving full history and as much as possible the ability to work in both during the transition.

Fortunately, this is not urgent; details TBD.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the TPV meeting this week (family obligations); this transition will not be a topic for this weeks meeting.

When we have a plan in place, which will take some time, we'll put it on the agenda.

--
OZ LINDEN | Senior Director, Second Life Engineering
email: o...@lindenlab.com <mailto:o...@lindenlab.com> | Scott Lawrence <https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottdlawrence/>