Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> I was just attempting to summarize what the original poster was asking
> for.  I think the primary problem is that there are no example apps
> showing how to use the different types of BIOs.

No there isn't much, which is a pity because BIOs are very useful things
and many people don't use them due to the lack of information.

I'll see if I can add some BIO docs sometime. I can never remember how
some things work myself (like BIO_push() argument order) and I always
have to look in the source at a few cases where the library uses them.

It'll probably turn up a few bugs too. When I last looked at how the
accept BIOs worked it seemed rather broken.

BTW a word of warning about the use of memory BIOs. Their size can rise
indefinitely until memory allocations fail. Something else that needs
documenting...

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/