Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As the usual non-blocking question had to be answered again in the last days,
> I thought it would be better to provide some man-pages instead of writing
> things again and again... (Do I really think this helps? ...)

Well it will be something else for newbies to ignore ;-)

> Hopefully, I have not messed around too much with this .pod stuff :-)
>
> Best regards,
>         Lutz
> PS. I can provide some more as it seems to be useful to integrate as much
> as possible _before_ 0.9.6 comes out.
> I have collected some experiences with BIO-pairs and related stuff.

Well I'm just writing about the bits I've direct experience of or can
quickly find out. BIO pairs doesn't come into that category (yet) so
feel free.

Oh BTW, SSL_read() and SSL_write() can I believe return -1 and request a
retried read or write even if the underlying BIO is blocking if the
session is renegotiated. That problem has bitten a lot of people because
it can cause problems with SGC, which renegotiates a session
immediately.

Why should it do this? I've no idea but I'd always regarded it as
anomalous and wouldn't be sorry to see this changed.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]