Peter Sylvester wrote:

> It seems to me that
>
> SMIMEEncryptionKeyPreference ::= CHOICE {
>    issuerAndSerialNumber   [0] IssuerAndSerialNumber,
>    receipentKeyId          [1] RecipientKeyIdentifier,
>    subjectAltKeyIdentifier [2] SubjectKeyIdentifier
> }
>
> is not supported since d2i_ASN1_TYPE doesn't support context tags.
>
> I haven't tried whether the default processing in d2i_ASN1_TYPE
> should simply do the same as for sets or sequences. That's for
> tomorrow.

Yes that would work. Adding support for context (and other) tags is
something I planned to do sometime but no one reported any problems so I
left it. Though I agree that could be a problem.

It would be obsolete when ASN1 gets redone anyway.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]