Hi,

pkcs#7 DER structures generated by openssl have two header in
BER (infinite length) for the two sequence at the very start of the
encoding.

Is there a good reason for that ?
I have a tool that 's annoyed by this BER encoding and I think it should
not be too difficult to patch p7_lib.c so that DER encoding with a
limited length is used instead, but I'd like to know if there is a
reason for the choice of BER encoding here.