Terje Elde wrote:

> * Ulf Moeller ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [001003 18:01]:
> > On Tue, Oct 03, 2000, Terje Elde wrote:
> >
> > > Any thoughts around implementing Rijndael in OpenSSL? I assume it's something
> > > that's going to get done at some point in time, but have anyone thought about
> > > who will do it, when it will be done, and how soon it'll be considered stable
> > > code?
> >
> > Did you just volunteer? :)
>
> It does kind of sound that way :)
>
> I'll be playing around with the optimized C implementation for another project
> anyway, so I'll have to do get to know that code no matter what. I have
> however never really gotten down and dirty with the OpenSSL code, so I don't
> know how much work will be required to integrate it.
>
> If anyone would be willing to provide me with a few hints on what needs to be
> done so I don't miss anything, I'd be more than willing to give it a go.

I had a quick look at the code and it doesn't seem too hard to add
support in OpenSSL, assuming we can freely use the stuff on the NIST
site. We'd need to add block cipher mode wrappers round it but otherwise
it should be relatively easy.

As I say I only had a quick look but it seems it has a 128 bit block
length and all current OpenSSL ciphers have 64 bit block length, which
is hard coded in a #define... not a real problem though.

Is there any ASN1 stuff with this to allow its use in (say) S/MIME?
There's already a proposed draft for AES and TLS.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]