Maxim Masiutin wrote:

> Hello openssl-dev!
>

>   My question is: who is currently in charge of S/MIME implementation
>   in openssl?

Me probably.

>   I would also like to implement such neat additions as
>   draft-ietf-smime-compression, it would be great if we had two
>   implementations from different codebases to test their compatibility
>   with each other. AES and appropriate hash functions would also be
>   great.

Yes I wouldn't mind conducting such tests at some point in the future.
Unfortunately OpenSSLs ASN1 code is being completely rewritten at
present (also by me) so until the stuff is finished and fairly stable
that wont be really possible.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/