Dr S N Henson wrote:

> Can you give some more information about what you've actually modified?

I have scheduled submission with Bodo by the end of this week as
he is very busy at the moment...

> Or is it possible to get this behaviour with the standard 'ca' utility?
> If so, how?

Yes it happens when the DN order is like this:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED], CN=Mad Max, OU=myOu, O=org, C=IT

While if I have a DN like this:

        C=IT, O=org, OU=myOU, CN=Mad Max, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I get valid email in the subjectAltName. It seems like it is
tied to the ext adding code, but I am not sure...

Wait... I have made some othe DNs trying and it seems that if I
put the Email=... at the end of the DN all goes well, otherwise
the subjectAltName extension is empty.

The same seems to happen to the Issuer Alternative Name too, but
more tests are needed.

C'you,

        Massimiliano Pala ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature