Thus spake Michael Trebilcock:
> If i compile OpenSSL, with just ./configure, make, make install, archive
> that, then send it to somewhere in the U.S, can the site/ftp in the U.S
> legally distribute it internationally? What about other countries?
>
> A yes or no answer would be nice, or an "i'm not sure" if you don't know..

IIRC, only freely distributed source code is currently granted a
blanket license for export from the US.  Object code still requires a
license.

Stephen Sprunk          "So long as they don't get violent, I want to
CCIE #3723         let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have
K5SSS        always said exactly what pleased me."  --Albert Einstein